Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Where did you put the...

While I feel certain that I have adapted to my physical limitations, developing carefully sequenced routines, each new day presents it's own set of challenges. Now, before we go any further, I must confess that I have a self diagnosed case of OCD; those of you who know me well can stop laughing... Translated that means: I have a fairly regimented approach to daily living so "Don't move anything from it's proper place and I won't freak out." It's a pretty simple concept and one that when embraced by those around me leads to harmony in the home.

Unfortunately, I can no longer fly through the house and accomplish tasks as quickly as I used to, so my well intentioned family helps pick up the slack. Did I mention that each member of my family is uniquely gifted with their own sense of logic? This is important to note because later when you are looking for something and it's not where it used to live for the last thirteen years, it would be helpful to understand how someone else arrived at the conclusion that the logical place to put that something, was in the garage on a shelf that you can no longer get on a ladder to reach. Without this fundamental understanding and a sense of humor, the combination of ALS and OCD can be a recipe for wishing you had lost your mind too!

On that note, I'd like to thank my sweet 8 year old daughter for offering to carry my Blackberry downstairs for me this morning. Honey, next time please don't take it to school with you...Mommy needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you; please feel free to send a comment or question.