Wednesday, October 5, 2011

For Ladies Only...

FAIR WARNING: This one is for Ladies only!

Gentlemen, proceed with caution or you're likely to have the urge to put your fingers in your ears and run singing la, la, la, la, la... as I've seen so many of you do when the girl talk starts at the office; don't let this happen to you.

Many of my friends are in their late 40's, early 50's so we've had our share of laughs surrounding our impending encounter with menopause; the anticipation and anxiety of the most certain freak show we will embody, as our hormone levels rise and fall.

Did you know that there's actually a website that lists 34 potential symptoms of menopause? It's absolutely frightening! I won't trouble you with the entire list; I'm sure if you're reading this, you can Google it too.

I was familiar with many of the common ones like: hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods and mood swings, and I think we can all attest to the fact that by this time in our lives we've already experienced: memory lapses, anxiety, irritability and breast pain, but who's prepared for: burning tongue, electric shocks, incontinence, and... my all time favorite on the list, 18. Change in Odor! I'm gonna' dance on a twig and assume that's not a pleasant odor.

Seriously, I'd like to take a pass on menopause, I have enough on my plate...
Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you; please feel free to send a comment or question.